Sunday, December 4, 2011

How influential is a strong co-signer?

I am going to apply for a 30k personal loan from the bank where I currently have my checking/savings. The purpose of the loan is to consolidate debt and finance my wedding. My score is below average, borderline poor, due to a difficult time in the past. I have a very strong co-signer to assist me for that reason. Exactly how much influence will he have on whether or not it gets approved and what the interest rate will be?|||Getting ANY personal loan is VERY difficult....getting one for debt consolidation and to finance a wedding is going to be next to impossible. If you get the loan AT ALL, it will be because of your co-signer as you will NEVER get this loan on your own. No one can tell you an interest rate because you do not mention anything about the bank or the credit/finances of the co-signer. Expect to pay 10-12% interest...bare minimum.|||Unsecured loans are very difficult to obtain, especially ones of that size. A cosigner mainly helps if you have a limited or marginal credit history. You must still have the income (in your own name) to repay the loan.

No comments:

Post a Comment