Thursday, December 15, 2011

Can I pay utility bills with a credit card?

I'm a student, and my roommate has been paying for utilities. I just give him a check and he takes care of it. I was wondering, though, if I can, in the future pay utility bills with a credit card because I noticed that some rewards credit cards give extra points or cash back when used for paying utilities. Can all utility bills be paid with a credit card?|||Many utilities accept payment by credit card. You can do this online by going to their website.|||When a company wants to charge a fee I usually call up their customer service and yell about having to pay a fee to make a payment. I tell them it's stupid to have to pay to make a payment. I pay about 20 bills online using a debit from my checking account.

Report Abuse


|||Many it seems take debit/checking account no problem. But credit card was what I was wondering about.

Report Abuse


|||Credit cards gives you extra facility in times of emergency but if you use it every now and then for unnecessary things, you will face a great trouble in future--as you are a student.Be careful in using credit card.|||it depends on the Credit card ur using, login to your credit card site %26amp; check for which your card is allowed to pay utility bills, Yes, its corect that u get some reward points when u pay utility bills online through your credit cards but make sure that you pay the bills before the last date.|||Yes, however, as soon as you moved and disconnect the service, you must let them know immediately. Otherwise, they will continue to debit your credit card. I've seen it a lot even when people disconnected the service, the utility company continues charging their credit card.





Earning rewards sounds tempting but you only earn 1 point for every dollar you spent. When you redem it, you can only get .05 for every dollar you spent. Lets say in order for you to get a free airline ticket, you must earn 25.000 points, that means you have to spend $25.000 on your card. When you redem it, that's only worth 1250 of 25.000 that you earn.





Points expire in 5 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment