Thursday, December 8, 2011

I need information on getting a small personal loan around 3,000 to 5,000?

My credit is ok to bad. This is all from student loans prior. Over the last two years my credit score went up a lot. I had a roomate who wiped out my savings. My lease in my apartment is up this July, but at the same time a found a house that is lease to buy. So I am paying two rents now, on-top of many bills that are coming in due to him. My student loans are consolidated,I have a first premier credit card for a about a year which my limit was increased. I have been with my employer for eighteen months. Also, I wait tables five nights a week. I bring home well over 4,000 a month. What do you think my best option is to getting a fast, small loan before I begin making late payments and be secure with moving into my new house? Thank you, Scott.|||Step one - figure out exactly how much you owe and to whom.





Step two - if you can't pay everybody, start by setting aside funds for your food, shelter, transportation, and clothing (all stuff you need to live) and a small emergency fund ($500-1000). Talk to your apt. landlord and see if you can get out of your lease a month early - this may be cheaper than paying the rent for June.





Step three - if you can't pay minimums on everything, contact your creditors BEFORE they start calling you. Try to work out a payment plan that YOU can afford. Don't let them tell you they need a certain amount (more than what you told them you can pay). They'll be happy to get something from you. Only you know how much you can afford to pay them.





Step four - list all your debts (except "mortgage") in order from smallest to largest. Once you have the emergency fund, pay as much as you can on the smallest debt and minimums on everything else. Once the first is paid off, use the money you were paying them to work on the next largest debt, so that the total amount you're paying on all your debts stays the same. Some people may say to start with the highest interest rate, but (in the end) the amount of interest you save is so small, it really doesn't matter. This way (smallest to largest balance) you see progress pretty quickly and it encourages you to keep going.





Step five - once you're debt free, remember all the mistakes you made and how horrible this time was so you don't end up back there.





If you need more info, go to the library and look for any books by Dave Ramsey (Financial Peace, Your Total Money Makeover).|||What is your current credit score?|||Personally, I don't think your ready to move into the new house. Your currently struggling to pay the bills you have now.





If your roomie has bills coming to him, why are you paying them?





Before you start thinking house (and by the way, lease or rent to own housing is a scam), you need to pay off those student loans and any other debt you have. You don't need the credit card, your only using that to buy things you can't afford.





The first thing you need to do is save up a $1000 for an emergency fund. Not a "I need a new stereo fund" or a "bigger better deal fund." This is an emergency fund! You only use it in a emergency!





Second, start paying off your debts smallest to largest carrying the minimum payment from the prior debt to the current. Many people call this the debt snowball, I call it common sense.





Third, when you become debt free, walk into a mortgage company that writes manual loans and tell them that you have paid your rent on time or early for the last two years, you have no debt and you make (enter amount here). I gauruntee you, you'll end up with a mortgage. AND you'll be able to afford it as long as you live on less than you make.





I know you won't do it, but you should seriously think about it.|||go to your library, they'll have books their with toans of info. trust me thats where i got mine

No comments:

Post a Comment