Thursday, December 8, 2011

JD Byrider...worst move ever!?

I mistakingly went to JD Byrider out of complete desperateness and necessity. I had an original car loan with Chase bank and on my last payment the car I had basically blew up. My fault, I had sprung a radiator leak in the dead of winter when we get to -10, thought it wasn't as bad as it was and figured I could get it fixed the next day. Drove home from work that night and poof, smoke. So I needed a car and had no savings at the time to use as a down payment at a normal lot even though I was approved with anywhere from 300-1000 down. JD Byrider approved me with 60 bucks down. The thing is a freakin lemon. In the past year and a half I have had it it has snapped about 10 fan belts due to a bent alternator (finally got sick of JD Byriders warranty chop shop and took it else where), the freaking horn went out, the windshield wiper sprayers went out, the exhaust has rusted through and then they fixed it by welding it to the rest of the pipe so now my whole exhaust system shakes instead of just the rusted out pipe (regular shop has estimated $1500 to fix this original $70 problem), the tire was bent out which was only noticeably after wear and tear on the tires. I would love to trade this hunk of **** in somewhere for lower monthly payments, but I don't think I will get more than 500 bucks out of it and then have the 7000 left as negative eq. on my new loan. Right now I pay 324 per month on a 2001 Mazda Protege. My old car I made payments of 210 per month. I am looking for less a month than that since my student loans hit and they cost me 400 a month after consolidating at 5% until January when they shoot up to 675. I will not be able to afford a 200 car payment a month much less a 324 dollar payment. And no, bankruptcy is not an option. I need some more advice though as to what to do...





Thanks:)|||What is the question

No comments:

Post a Comment