Sunday, December 4, 2011

Need help regarding transferring funds from an Irish to Australian bank acc?

I am moving to Australia and somehow need to transfer my money in my Irish account to an Australian account. According to my bank (Ulsterbank) I have to send a WRITTEN letter to my bank once I have set up my Australian bank account to request a transfer of funds. I cant believe that, were not in the 1980's anymore, surely there has to be a quicker, easier way of doing this?! So anyone who has been through the process of transferring funds from Ireland to Oz please please let me know what you did, I am going on monday so today is my last day to sort this out. Nice one!|||Only me again! :)





Yeh, it has to be pretty formal. I suggest google'ing 'international payment company ireland' and see what comes up. We used to do it (First Choice) but unfortunately dont any more. They will require the Iban (international bank account number) from your account. A swift number and personal details.





Depending on the amount you want to take with you. It may even be easier to change your Irish into Australian Dollars travellers cheques (american express are best) that way they are insured if you have them stolen or lose them. Most places sell them comission free and just shop around for the best exchange rate. Only be aware the import restrictions for australia without declaring it is $10000aud.





When you have the australian account setup you can pay them in like normal cheques.





Good luck mate! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment