Sunday, December 4, 2011

I just had my first IVF cycle done.My embryo transfer was done on 13.09.2010.and acc to doc she transferred 2?

excellent embryos.Immediately the next day i started having red blood clots.I informed my doctor and she increased my dosage of progesterone and duphastan and progynova tablets.Even my doc is saying this shouldnt happen as this is a rare case.Still she is saying that we should be hopeful till the beta HCG tests results come.I think she is not very hopeful about about my case but doesn't want to admit it.Pls tell me if this is normal?Anyone had similar bleeding followed by a positive pregnancy.I am totally scared and freaking out.Pls guide me somebody.I am having very negative feelings.|||No, I'm sorry hon, that's not normal. I've had 4 IVFs, and never had bleeding until my period was due - 2 weeks after the egg retrieval. I did get a little bit of spotting after the egg retrieval, but not after the embryo transfer. And it wasn't red blood clots.


It sounds to me like you have what's called a Luteal Phase Defect which is when you get your period too early, and therefor the embryos do not have a chance to implant in to your uterine lining because you start shedding your lining before they have a chance to. Your doctor did the right think by upping your progesterone. If you do another IVF, hopefully if you start on a higher dose of progesterone right away, it won't happen again.|||I don't know how to console you, i had my IUI done once but not IVF so i don't have much knowledge about it. But one thing i can tel you is that don't get tensed up, it will worsen the situation, Be bold enough to face any results. Think like this " If not this time then maybe next time" All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment